Finding the way to fairyland {part I}

“There is such a place as fairyland - but only children can find the way to it. And they do not know that it is fairyland until they have grown so old that they forget the way... Only a few, who remain children at heart, can ever find that fair, lost path again; and blessed are they above mortals.” ― L.M. Montgomery, The Story Girl

My latest photography obsession is the Imagination Session. I realized recently that when I offer imagination sessions, what I'm really doing is trying to live viacariously through that child. Looking for that glimpse of fairyland in their eyes and trying to capture it with that fifth appendage known as my camera. I was so delighted to get a message from this little Sweet Pea's mom about scheduling her spring themed session. I hope you enjoy these highlights as much as I enjoyed our brief journey into fairlyland.


My take on the imagination session:
  • Each session has kind of a fairytale-esque theme to it. This can be in a general whimsical sense or we can work out a more specific theme in advance.
  • A location is chosen. It could be a park, beach, backyard or even grandma's house. I try to choose locations that lend themselves to that whimsical feel.
  • To each session, I bring what I call the imagination basket. In it I place items that I hope will inspire or ignite the child's imagination. These might include toys, dress-up items, flowers, or ribbons.
  • You are also welcome to bring any props or toys you would like to incorporate into your child's photos.
Really, I try to incorporate an element of play and imagination to any session involving children, but what makes the imagination session unique is that it's really all about that child. His dreams of rockstardom. Her dreams of fairy princesses. Whatever the case may be.

After the session, you will have the opportunity to order prints and digital downloads of your images, but in the spirit of creative play, you might consider one of our custom picturebooks or a puzzle that both you and your child will cherish until you're both old and gray.

Contact us for more information on session planning and availability.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll Be Your Hero | Tracy Castle Superhero Wedding | Seattle Wedding Photographer

Spring Romance | Seattle Engagement Photographer | Evidence of Life Photography

Handsome Devils | The Tiny Footprints Project | Seattle Family Photographer | Evidence of Life Photography

Love in the Emerald City | Seattle Portrait Photographer | Evidence of LifePhotography