Oh yeah, I'm Free... Freelensin'

Pardon my, 'nerding-out' and changing the lyrics to Tom Petty (sacrilege!), but I'm all excited to share another one of our creative photography techniques.  Participating in the Photography Awesomesauce Winter Photo Challenge has inspired me to write about some of the techniques we use to create imaginative art when we photograph with you. Some of the techniques are newer to us like prisming while others, like freelensing, we've been doing for awhile.

Freelensing is a technique where you shoot photos with your lens detached from the camera and twist and turn and bend it in different ways for creative focus and light leaks. I won't bore you with a how-to (that's what Google's for), but I will say that I think I've most enjoyed using this technique to capture creative imagery of flowers and candy buffets at weddings. For the sake of shooting something new for the challenge, here are some free-lens shots from this week. (Mood Music)













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll Be Your Hero | Tracy Castle Superhero Wedding | Seattle Wedding Photographer

Spring Romance | Seattle Engagement Photographer | Evidence of Life Photography

Handsome Devils | The Tiny Footprints Project | Seattle Family Photographer | Evidence of Life Photography

Love in the Emerald City | Seattle Portrait Photographer | Evidence of LifePhotography