Creative Couples | DIY Alterations

Let me start by saying this isn't going to work for everybody and most traditional wedding dress styles are going to need professional alterations, but for those of you on a very strict budget and willing to think outside of the box, here's an idea that I hope inspires you.

For my destination wedding, I searched for a budget dress that would travel easily. After much searching, I chose my dress from David's Bridal. When it arrived, I loved it, but the straps were much too long and the dress was a little big on top.


After realizing that alterations would cost more than the dress, I decided to take matters into my own hands (or should I say my bridesmaids hands). I can't sew to save my life, but luckily I had a no-sew plan.


We cut the strings off the dress (you know, those ones that are supposed to help it stay on the hanger) and used one to tie the dress straps into a halter style. 
Then took a beautiful cameo brooch and pinned it over the strings.


My Maid-of-Honor then snipped off the excess string around the brooch..


The "alterations" resulted in a unique looking back style for the dress that framed my camera tattoo nicely.


The "alterations" also changed the front of the dress into a flattering sweetheart halter shape.




I hope you enjoyed my blog. For more wedding inspiration, check out our Pinterest Board.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll Be Your Hero | Tracy Castle Superhero Wedding | Seattle Wedding Photographer

Handsome Devils | The Tiny Footprints Project | Seattle Family Photographer | Evidence of Life Photography

Chasing Waterfalls | A Franklin Falls Trash the Dress Session | Evidence of Life Photography | Seattle Wedding Photographer

Down by the Riverside | Evidence of Life Photorgaphy | Seattle Wedding Photographer