Passions | Seattle Portrait Photographer | Evidence of Life Photography



It's been awhile since I shared a post about me and why I do what I do. Like most photographers I know, I've loved playing with cameras since I was a child. It wasn't until early adulthood that it really developed into a hobby. I would take photos of friends that made them feel beautiful and special. I get a high from the feeling of being able to bring out the inner beauty of a smile or the intensity of a gaze or the vulnerability of a posture - these are the things that make us human and make us beautiful. I went from taking photographs of friends to photographing friends of friends until finally I started getting offers to be paid for sessions. This made me think about this whole photography adventure and whether this was was what I was meant to do - tell stories with cameras.

Today I find joy in all kinds of stories - the romance of a wedding, the life of parents awaiting the day they can finally take their baby home from the NICU, the joyous celebration of a foster family finally able to legally adopt the children they have shared their love and home with... But what all these stories have in common, the thing that strings them all together though they may come from all walks of life, is their humanity.

To this day, though we capture life events big and small, my favorite times behind the lens are those quiet, one-on-one sessions with my fellow human.


Heather Reis Fike is owner and one of the photographer sisters behind Evidence of Life Photography. Inspired by all aspects of what it means to be human, our photography crosses the spectrum of maternity and babies to children, seniors, families, weddings, musicians, artists and performers. We are inspired by what makes you YOU.  Inspired by what you see here? Send us an inquiry or learn more about our approach to portrait and wedding photography.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll Be Your Hero | Tracy Castle Superhero Wedding | Seattle Wedding Photographer

Spring Romance | Seattle Engagement Photographer | Evidence of Life Photography

Handsome Devils | The Tiny Footprints Project | Seattle Family Photographer | Evidence of Life Photography

Down by the Riverside | Evidence of Life Photorgaphy | Seattle Wedding Photographer